So, this is how it’s going down. It’s NaBloPoMo day 19 and my 100th post, and I’m going to write it in less than an hour. I’m already getting anxious and wondering how I’m going to pull it off. You see, I usually let my fingers hover over the keys for at least 30 minutes before the tapping begins. And that tapping usually involves the delete button being tapped repeatedly. Yes, that’s me, never quite certain how much I want to share, and never planning ahead. I’m sure most NaBloPoMo bloggers have a plan, or some kind of outline. Well, not me. When it comes to this blog, I just jump right in. Whatever is on my mind is what you’ll find here. Tonight, I’m quite certain that this will be a random ramble. You’ve been warned!
So, why do I write? Yes, I will write about that. I like lists. Most of us like lists, so here I will share with you a list, a list of the reasons why I write.
- I have a monkey mind, and when I write my thoughts down, I stop swinging from thought to thought. It gives me some mental clarity.
- I have a sense of humour, but I rarely let it shine through in my spoken life. Now that I am getting older, I’m trying to let my light side flow though my life, and writing is helping with this. I’m not the quiet, conservative girl, anymore.
- I like to share. I’ve always liked to share. Whether it’s cookies, flowers, or my words, I’ve got enough to go around. Maybe my words will make someone think, or smile, or laugh, or feel a little less lonely.
- I think I’m good at it. Yes, I do. And to be honest with you, I don’t think I am good at many things. Being able to write helps me boost my self-confidence.
- I like being alone. Writing is my solitude. It gives me time to recharge for the next social engagement.
- It helps me develop and articulate my ideas. Writing gives me the time I need to process my thoughts.
- It’s my mirror, and I can take it wherever I go. It’s my camera, too, capturing snapshots of my life.
So, there you have it. My 100th ramble on lotusgirl80! Thank you for reading. (I hope it was time well-spent.)